Beef Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:35Cook Time
- 1/2 lb. jumbo pasta shells
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. Italian herbs
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 1 minute less than the package suggests. Drain and run cool water over the shells.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to the water, and stirred them gently often to keep the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, generously add Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and sauté until softened – about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When the beef is almost cooked through, sprinkle the Italian herbs over it and stir in about 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and egg – mix together well, then mix into the beef mixture.
- Grease a 9″ x13″ baking dish and spread the remaining sauce evenly in the
- Spoon the filling carefully into each shell and arrange them on the sauce, then sprinkle with additional mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Like This Recipe, and Want to See More?
Sign up for Johnny’s® Flavor Club and get recipes, tips, and deals right in your email inbox.