Beef & Cheese Empanadas
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 30 Goya Empanadas wrappers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2-3/4 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper,s chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions to the skillet. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet. Season the beef with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper. Using a spatula, break up the beef into small pieces. Cook the beef until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Lay the empanada wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the empanada wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Load the ground beef mixture into each of the empanadas.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the ground beef. Close the empanadas. Roll the empanada in half. Pinch the crust along each of the edges. Roll each of the sides inward. Continue to twist the crust until closed.
- Add the empanadas to a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the empanadas from the oven. Melt the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Using a cooking brush, spread the melted over the top of each.
- Allow to cool before serving.