Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
- 00:25Prep Time
- 01:45Cook Time
- 6-8 medium russet potatoes- peeled
- 1 Tbsp. minced onions
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 4 cups shredded Colby/cheddar cheese blend
- 2 cups half & half
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 package bacon- cooked to crispy & rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray- set aside
- Use a mandolin and slice peeled potatoes into rounds about 1/4 in thick.
- Place sliced potatoes in a bowl of water.
- In a large saucepan, sauté butter with onions until onions are soft, then add in garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in milk and half & half, heat to a simmer- remove from heat. Set aside.
- Layout paper towels and transfer potato slices out of the water to towels and pat dry.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish to just cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle with Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and 1 cup cheese, and bacon crumbles.
- Add another layer of dried potato rounds and repeat with Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper, cheese, and bacon.
- Continue until you have used all the ingredients – finishing with the cheese layer.
- Pour hot milk mixture over the top and push potatoes down to submerge (won’t be fully covered). Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Cover with foil tightly and bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil, return to oven and bake another 40-45 minutes or until golden.