Artichoke and Beef Steak Flatbread
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1 (6 oz) New York strip steak (trimmed of all fat and gristle)
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Chefs Blend Pepper
- 1/4 cup Johnny’s French Dip Au Jus
- 2 (9” x 4”) flatbreads (I use La Brea) or any great quality naan bread
- 1 (8 oz) container artichoke pesto
- 1 ripe tomato; seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub steak on one side with Johnny’s Chefs Blend Pepper
- Grill for 3 minutes per side (steak will be cooked again so do not be concerned if too rare).
- Transfer to a plate and cover with au jus (turning a couple of times to make sure both sides are well soaked); allow to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide artichoke pesto between the two flatbreads.
- Slice steak against the grain into strips and place onto the pesto followed by the tomatoes.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until bottom of bread has crisped.
- Remove from oven onto a board and scatter with basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Cut into odd size pieces and serve immediately.
*Flatbread can also be grilled on a barbecue. Yield: 2 flatbreads.