Johnny's Turkey Gravy for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into about 8 pieces
1 1/2 tsp. Johnny's Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups pan drippings OR 4 cups chicken stock
- (If using drippings from a chicken or turkey): Pour drippings into a fine mesh strainer then allow the drippings to cool a bit so that the fat rises to the top and starts to solidify.
- Use a spoon to remove the fat. If you don’t have enough drippings to equal 4 cups, add enough chicken or turkey stock until you have 4 cups of drippings.
- If not using turkey or chicken drippings, use 4 cups chicken or turkey stock.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle in 1 1/2 tsp. Johnny's Seasoned Pepper
- Slowly add in 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, constantly whisking to combine.
- After a few minutes, the flour will be well incorporated into the butter.
- Slowly begin to pour in drippings and/or chicken broth into the pan, constantly whisking.
- Allow the gravy to cook for several minutes so that it can thicken up.
- Serve immediately, or keep on very low heat until ready to serve.