Enjoy a nice evening with some Zucchini Lasagna!
Johnny's Zucchini Lasagna
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant with a mandolin as thin as a 1/4 inch from length-wise into long sections.
- Take layers of paper towels and spread the slices of vegetables.
- Sprinkle the eggplant and zucchini with Johnny's Seasoning Salt. Rest 15 minutes, so the excess liquid drain then pats it dry.
- Coat a 6-quart crock-pot lightly with nonstick spray. On the bottom of the crockpot, pour and spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- After that, take a small bowl, two eggs, and cottage cheese. Then, beat and mix the eggs with the cheese.
- In the crockpot, make the first veggie lasagna layer. Place eggplant ‘noodles’ (1 layer); the cottage cheese (2/3 cup approximately; onions and the bell peppers (one-third), mozzarella (one-third); and tomato sauce as much 1/2 cup.
- Then make the second layer of veggie lasagna by zucchini. Place zucchini 'noodles' (1 layer); the cottage cheese (one-third); the onion and bell peppers (one-third); mozzarella (one-third); and tomato sauce as much 1/2 cup.
- You can continue making the last layer by using eggplant ‘noodles’ (1 layer); remaining onions and bell peppers; remaining cheese; noodle of zucchini (1 layer); remaining mozzarella and tomato sauce as much 1/2 cup. After you get the third layers, cover the crockpot.
- Cook the noodles for 2 to 3 hours on high heat, make sure that you make the eggplant softer.
- Before you turn off the slow cooker, recover the pot again.
- Rest the lasagna for 30 minutes to 1 hour to absorb the remaining liquid.
- Serve immediately with Parsley and Johnny's Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and enjoy!