Create these delicious stuffed peppers for dinner or lunch.
Johnny's Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers, any color
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 16 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Johnny's Seasoned Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut off the tops of the peppers remove the seeds, trim the bottoms to help them sit flat in the skillet and rinse thoroughly.
- In a large pan boil the peppers for 5 minutes, remove from water and turn upside down onto a paper towel to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic, and onion, saute until tender. Add the turkey and brown until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, rice, Italian seasoning, Johnny's Seasoning Salt, Johnny's Seasoned Pepper and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until blended.
- Fill the peppers evenly with the mixture, place in a lightly greased 10-inch cast iron skillet, or baking dish of your choice.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and add the remaining cheese to the top of peppers and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.