Football season is in full force. Here are two classic Johnny’s recipes that have “touchdown” written all over them!
Sweet and Spicy Hot Wings
5 pounds of chicken wings and drummlets
4 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons hot pepper flakes
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper (More or less for heat factor)
1 teaspoon “Johnnys Pork and Chicken seasoning”
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1 bottle “Johnny’s Jamaica me sweet hot and crazy dressing”
- Season the chicken with “Johnnys’s Pork and Chicken seasoning and steam or bake until almost done.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients with the flour and then add the pre-cooked wings coating well.
- In a fryer, add wings and cook until golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove from fryer and place into a large bowl, pour the bottle of “Jamaica me sweet hot and crazy” onto wings coating well.
- Place on platter, garnish with cut celery and “Johnny’s Ranch Dressing” (if sold in your area).
Johnny’s Fresh Salsa
1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 cup Cilantro (more to taste!)
1/2 Lime (Juiced)
Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor/large blender, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, Johnny’s, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
- To add a tasty twist, melt shredded Pepper Jack cheese over your chips and dip like The Pioneer Woman!