HEALTHY BBQ TIPS:
- BBQ Sandwich – use lean turkey break instead of pork cuts. Use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for cold slaw.
- Pork tenderloin is so lean, you can enjoy a serving for less than 200 calories and only 5 grams of fat. Add some soy sauce and chili garlic sauce for a tangy Asian flavor!
- Don’t let the charred build up transfer to your meal! Protect your meat by wrapping it in foil, or use a marinade! Marinades limit carcinogens from forming while grilling.
- Keep raw meat away from veggies and other foods!
- Get trim! Make your meat instantly healthier by trimming some of that fat off the edges.
- You’ve probably used ground beef your whole life, but go ahead and try turkey or veggie burgers, as well as grilled fish! You might just like it even BETTER.
- Include more veggies and fruit in your BBQ dinner plans. Both taste great hot off the grill!