Oil suitable for pan frying
2- 5 oz fillets of “Swai” or Vietnamese Catfish
2 – cups cracker meal
2-3 eggs for making egg wash or use pasturized eggs
2 tablespoons “Johnny’s Salad Elegance”
Vegetable oil for deep frying
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 egg beaten or use pasturized eggs
1 tablespoon of “Johnny’s Salad Elegance”
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
½ cup water
- Mix crackermeal and 2 tablespoons of Salad elegance together.
- Dip fish fillets into beaten eggs and then dredge in crackermeal mixture.
- Fry on a hot griddle for about 4 –5 minutes each side until both side are golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, eggs, Salad elegance, baking soda, buttermilk and water.
- Mix until batter is smooth, batter should be thick and stiff.
- In a deep fryer fry hushpuppies for four minutes or until golden brown.
- These can be held in a warm oven until the catfish is done.