The Best Lasagna. Ever.
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 1-½ pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Hot Breakfast Sausage
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 Ounce) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 3 cups Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 2 whole Beaten Eggs
- ½ cups Grated (not Shredded) Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 package (10 Ounce) Lasagna Noodles
- (add 1/2 Teaspoon Johnny’s Seasoning Salt And 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil To Pasta Water)
- 1 teaspoon Johnny’s Garlic Spread
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet or saucepan, combine ground beef, sausage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat; less if you’re feeling naughty. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan, 2 more tablespoons parsley, and 1 more teaspoon salt. Stir together well. Set aside. Cook lasagna until “al dente” (not overly cooked).
Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover cottage cheese with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Spoon a little less than half the meat mixture over the top.
Repeat, ending with meat mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of Garlic Spread.
Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately: 350-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.
Special thanks to Two Peas & a Pot for the recipe!