Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Egg Bowl
- 2 small sweet potatoes (1 lb), diced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp. coconut oil and paprika and season with 1/4 teaspoon each Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and Seasoning Salt Roast until tender, 25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork, then transfer to a large bowl; add sweet potatoes and combine.
- To make vinaigrette, puree olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme and remaining salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Pour half over quinoa/ sweet potato mixture, tossing to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Add eggs and fry until whites are set but yolks are still soft, 3 minutes.
- Divide quinoa/sweet potato mixture among four bowls and top with an egg, walnuts and microgreens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.