Sweet & Hot Meatballs (Homemade)
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup, divided
3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons dried minced onion or fresh
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon “Johnny’s Seasoning salt”
1 jar of “Johnny’s Jamaica Me Sweet Hot and Crazy sauce”
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/3 cup ketchup, bread crumbs, egg, minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and “Johnny’s Seasoning Salt”.
- With hands or wooden spoon, mix lightly but thoroughly and shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a saucepan and lightly brown all sides, then place into a preheated 350 oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove and drain any oil, immediately pour “Johnny’s Jamaica Me Sweet and Crazy” sauce over them.
- Mix and pour into a suitable serving bowl or chafing pan and serve to your guests. They will be impressed!