Peppered Honey Glazed Ham
- 00:20Prep Time
- 04:00Cook Time
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs finely chopped thyme
- 1 Tbs Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 (12 to 14 pounds) boneless or semi-boneless fully cooked ham at room temperature 1 hour
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Melt Butter with Thyme and let stand until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in lower third.
- Peel off and discard any kind of rind or skin from ham, leaving 1/4 inch of fat on ham. Score fat on top of ham in a crosshatch pattern without cutting into meat. Put ham on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover ham with parchment paper, then cover roasting pan with foil. Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- While the ham cooks, boil vinegar in a small saucepan until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Remove from heat and whisk in pepper, honey, worcestershire sauce, and thyme butter, Let honey glaze stand until ham has baked 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Discard foil and parchment from ham. If there is no liquid in roasting pan, add 1 cup water (this will prevent glaze burning in pan). Brush ham with half of honey glaze, then bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Brush with remaining glaze and bake until glaze is deep golden-brown and ham is heated through, 30 minutes more.