One Pan Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced finely
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1-2 tsp. Johnny’s Chicken & Pork Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat.
- Season chicken with Johnny’s Chicken & Pork Seasoning.
- Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken.
- Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Push chicken to one side of the pan and add additional Tbsp. of olive oil to other side.
- Add the uncooked rice in the olive oil and sauté it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook chicken and rice mixture covered for about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook covered another 8 minutes on low, or until broccoli and rice are both tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in half a cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with a lid, letting it sit for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.