Mashed Potato Cakes
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Fry the bacon until crispy and drain (save 2 Tbsp.) on a paper towel until cool.
- Crumble into small bits. Place the bacon bits into a large bowl.
- Pour off all but 2 Tbsp. of bacon grease from the frying pan and cook the garlic over medium heat.
- Add to the bacon bits along with remaining ingredients (except butter) and blend well with a spoon.
- Wash the frying pan, then melt 1 tbsp of butter in it over medium heat.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of a cup of the potato mixture and form it into a ball.
- Place it in the hot pan, flattening it out until it’s about 1/2 – 3/4″ thick.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side, until they are lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately, while hot and crispy.