Kale, Farro and Quinoa Salad with Smoked Salmon
1/2 cup cooked farro
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked lentils
1 organic tomato; seeded and diced
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 cups baby kale; torn into small pieces
1/4 cup avocado (or olive) oil
1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
2 teaspoons Limoncello (optional)
1 teaspoon capers
3/4 teaspoon Johnny’s Seafood Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/3 pound deli sliced smoked salmon
goat cheese crumbles, if desired
- In a large salad bowl, stir together the faro, quinoa, lentils, tomato and parsley; add kale and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, Limoncello, Johnny’s seafood seasoning, capers and ginger.
- Add to grains and toss well to coat.
- Divide between 2 large salad or chilled pasta bowls and drape with smoked salmon; scatter with goat cheese, if using.
2 large main course servings.
- Many grocery store salad bars have already cooked grains for your convenience.