Johnny’s Spinach Balls
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:30Cook Time
- 6 cup fresh spinach leaves trimmed, washed
- 3 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 1 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Johnny’s Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim and wash the fresh spinach leaves.
- Place the leaves in a large mixing bowl and over with boiling water. Cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the spinach with cold tap water. Drain using your hands to squeeze all the remaining water. You should obtain about 2/3 cup of packed cooked spinach leaves. If you are using frozen spinach, defrost and measure this quantity.
- Place on a chop board and finely chop the cooked spinach. Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, cheddar cheese, cilantro, Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper and panko gluten free crumbs.
- Combine with a spoon or your hands, until it forms a batter from which you are able to form balls with your hands or use a small cookie scoop maker to avoid the mess
- If too moist add slightly more crumb until easy to roll as ball with your hands palms.
- Place the balls on a non-stick cookie tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the top.
- Serve with dips of your choice like pesto, hummus or homemade ketchup.