Johnny’s Organic Pad Thai
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 4 Tbsp. palm shortening , divided
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Sea Salt
- 12 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- medium shallot, minced
- 8 yellow squash cut into noodles with a spiralizer or julienne peeler
- 6 Tbsp. chopped unsalted peanuts
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 5 scallions, sliced thin at an angle
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Lime wedges
- Place tamarind in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Stir in fish sauce, vinegar, honey, cayenne and 2 Tbsp. shortening.
- Beat the eggs and 1/8 tsp. of Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of palm shortening and swirl the pan to coat.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 tsp. of Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and browned about the edges, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining palm shortening and swirl to coat.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the pan.
- Set the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic and shallots are light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until scrambled and still a bit moist, about 20 seconds.
- Add the squash noodles to the pan and pour fish sauce mixture over noodles.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and toss constantly until noodles are hot and coated with the sauce.
- Stir in 1/4 cup peanuts, sprouts, all but 1/4 cup scallions and cooked shrimp over noodles.
- Toss to combine. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper.
- Serve immediately with remaining scallions, peanuts, cilantro and limes.