Johnny’s Black Bean Soup
- 2 cups black beans, soaked overnight, then drained
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. Johnny’s Garlic Salt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, plus 2-3 Tbsp. more for garnish
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Combine beans, stock, tomatoes, paprika, onion powder, Johnny’s Garlic Salt, Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt and tomato paste in large pot.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer. About 3 hours.
- Add cilantro, jalapeño and green onions to soup and let simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in small portions and blend until semi-smooth.
- Serve with a scoop of sour cream and/or sprinkle with cilantro.