Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- 00:25Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil , divided, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves , minced (4 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 1 3/4 lb. boneless , skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- 1 1/2 large green peppers , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
In a mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
Stir in 3/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper and season with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt. Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade in refrigerator then pour remaining marinade over chicken.
Seal bag and refrigerate 1 – 2 hours (meanwhile soak 10 wooden skewer sticks in water for 1 hour).
Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss
Season red onion and bell pepper with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper, then thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
Brush grill grates with olive oil then place skewers on grill.
Grill 5 minutes then brush along tops with 1/4 cup of remaining marinade.
Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining 1/4 cup of marinade on opposite side and allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center on a thermometer.