Grilled Razor Clams
6 each fresh razor clams cleaned and pounded
2 cups flour
3 eggs beaten for egg wash
Johnny’s Seafood seasoning
2 lemon wedges
- Take the razor clams and with a tenderizing hammer, gently pound each side. Set aside.
- Prepare egg wash in a bowl for dredging.
- Do the same for the flour, adding about a teaspoon of “Johnny’s Seafood Seasoning” more or less to taste.
- Dip the razors into the egg and then into the flour. Immediately place the razors onto a hot griddle pan and cook quickly until golden browned.
- This should take no more than a few minutes on each side. Do not overcook or the clams will be chewy!
- Serve with tartar, coleslaw and rice pilaf or fries.