Grilled Eggplant Casserole
- 00:20Prep Time
- 00:45Cook Time
- Cooking spray
- Olive oil
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning
- 6 large Japanese eggplant
- 1 cloves garlic, pressed
- 8 medium sized Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Spray a ceramic or glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the stem off of each eggplant and a small slice off of the other end.
- Cut the eggplants in half crosswise. Slice each half lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Layer eggplant slices in a colander, sprinkling with a little Johnny’s Seasoning Salt on each layer. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spray a grill pan or an electric grilling machine with cooking spray and brush the eggplant slices on each side with a little olive oil.
- Grill eggplant until very tender, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Drain eggplant slices on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix the Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning, breadcrumbs, garlic, and the parmesan.
- Layer in the casserole dish with the eggplant slices, breadcrumb mixture, tomato slices, bread crumb mixture, basil, and repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with the breadcrumb mixture on top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the casserole is well browned.
- Serve warm.