Greek Spinach & Feta Pie
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry (about 17×13-inches each), defrosted if frozen
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted
- 8 oz. jack cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Squeeze the liquid out of the thawed spinach.
- In a large bowl, stir together onion, drained spinach, ricotta, feta, jack cheese, eggs, dill, parsley, Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper.
- Spread half of filling in baking dish. Cover with 2 pieces of the phyllo pastry.
- Brush pastry lightly with melted butter. Top with one piece of phyllo. Tuck in any overhanging edges.
- Spread remaining filling over phyllo. Top with 2 more pieces of phyllo and brush lightly with butter.
- Top with remaining phyllo sheet and brush with butter.
- Use a sharp knife to mark 12 squares by cutting through the top layers of pastry.
- Bake until phyllo topping is golden and filling is bubbling gently, about 45 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut through the marked squares. Serve warm and enjoy!