- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 – 3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Garlic Parmesan Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3-4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a 9×13-inch rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in milk, and heat mixture to 100-110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Add remaining flour until dough clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Switch to the dough hook, and knead for 2 minutes (or by hand for about 5 minutes).
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 12 knots, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 9-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While the knots are baking, prepare the garlic butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for garlic butter.
- After removing the rolls from the oven, brush with garlic butter, and enjoy warm!