Fresh Garlic Corn Chowder
- 6 oz. unsalted butter
- 2 ears fresh corn; kernels removed
- 1 chopped white onion
- 2 stalks celery; diced well
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Johnny’s Organic Seasoned Pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans creamed corn
- 1/4 cup Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinade
- 1 cup half & half; room temperature
- 1/4 cup thick cream; room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic Seasoning for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add fresh corn, onion, celery, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Saute on low for 5 minutes then add 1 cup vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low heat for an additional 5 minutes then stir in remaining cup broth.
- Stir in creamed corn and Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinade; simmer on low heat for 10 minutes more before adding half & half.
- Remove from heat and stir in thick cream, lemon zest, and parsley.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Johnny’s Parmesan Garlic seasoning.
Yield: 4-6 servings.