Deluxe Bacon Burger
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:20Cook Time
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef chuck
- 1 1/4 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- cooked Bacon
- 4 buns
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 oz. each).
- Place 1 portion on a work surface. Cup your hands around the meat and begin to gently shape it into a rounded mound. (Use light pressure as you shape so you don’t pack the meat too tightly.)
- Lightly press down on the top of the meat with your palm to gently flatten it. Continue rotating and cupping the meat, patting the top of it occasionally, until you’ve formed a 4″-diameter, 3/4″-thick patty.
- Using your thumb, make a small indentation in the center to help keep the burger flat as it cooks. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Season one side of patties with Johnny’s Seasoning Salt and Seasoned Pepper; place on grill, seasoned side down.
- Grill until lightly charred on bottom, about 4 minutes. Season other side, turn, and top with cheese. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes longer for medium. Transfer burgers to buns and let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- Top with cheese, bacon, and any other desired toppings. Serve warm.