Chicken Cordon Bleu
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce
2 (10-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 thin slices of ham(about 3 ounces)
4 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced into 3-by-1-inch planks
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 bouillon cube – chicken flavored, crushed
½ tsp Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
1 Tbsp. Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Place the bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper. Mix Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce and the remaining teaspoons of oil in another shallow dish and whisk. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet or a rolling pin
- Remove the plastic wrap. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Put 1 piece of ham on top of a piece of chicken vertically, and a second piece perpendicular, making a cross pattern. In the center, put a slice of cheese over the ham.
- Fold both of ham over the cheese to completely cover and enclose it. Fold the bottom of the chicken up over the cheese and ham to enclose it, then roll tightly. Use toothpicks to secure the roll.
- Dip chicken into the Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce and roll to coat it in a thin, even layer. Then coat it in the bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove the toothpicks, apply sauce (recipe below) and serve immediately.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, and continue to whisk constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk, then stir in the chicken bouillon and Johnny’s Seasoning salt. Stir constantly over medium heat until it begins to simmer and thicken, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Johnny’s Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce and parmesan until the cheese has melted.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from oven and serve drizzled with the sauce right before serving.