Cashew Curry Chicken and Rice
- 00:10Prep Time
- 00:15Cook Time
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 cup mango (peeled and bite sized)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- Cook rice according to package directions
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add sliced onion and sauté until soft.
- Add cubed chicken, spices, half of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt, and cook until chicken is brown 3-4 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, add ginger and garlic continue cooking until chicken is brown.
- Add coconut milk, and rest of Johnny’s Seasoning Salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat until the chicken is completely cooked and the water is almost all absorbed.
- Drain cooked rice and add on top of chicken. Don’t mix rice yet.
- Cover the pot, let the chicken cook for 1 more minute then turn heat off and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold gently to mix half of rice into the curry chicken.
- Add sliced mango, chopped cilantro, and cashews.