Bacon Wrapped Sausages
- 1 (16-ounce) package lil smokies sausages
- 1 pound bacon (the leaner the better)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Johnny’s Seasoning Pepper
- Toothpicks or skewers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap the bacon and cut the strips into thirds.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Wrap each little sausage with a piece of bacon and roll in the brown sugar until completely covered.
- If desired, secure with a toothpick, or thread on a skewer and arrange on a baking sheet. Or just lay them seam-side-down on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over the tops of the sausages, along with Johnny’s Seasoned Pepper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, allowing the brown sugar to “melt” onto the sausages.
- After 40 minutes, turn the oven to broil and cook for a few minutes until the bacon is crisp.
- Turn the sausages over and broil until crispy.