5-Star Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- 3 lbs Klondike Rose potatoes (thin, red skin)
- Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
- Half and half
- Sour cream
- Grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped chives
- Johnny’s Beef Gravy Concentrate
- FOR THE POTATOES:
- Place potatoes and two pinches of salt in a pot of cold water, cover and bring to a boil. When water is boiling lower heat, and simmer till potatoes are tender (about 25-30 minutes). When potatoes are almost done, heat half and half and butter in a saucepan.
- Drain potatoes and place them in large bowl (if using a hand mixer) or in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix just long enough to break potatoes up. Add hot half and half/ butter mixture a little at a time while mixing on lowest speed. Add sour cream, chives and Parmesan cheese. Add Johnny’s Seasoned Sea Salt to taste.
- FOR THE GRAVY: Pour 1 jug of Johnny’s Beef Gravy concentrated sauce into a medium saucepan. Fill empty Beef Gravy jug with warm water and pour into the concentrated Beef Gravy. Heat on medium-high for 5-10 minutes. Pour it on!